Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Linkedin Job Posting Sucks - Displays Incorrect Salary Information

I just decided to try Linkedin.com's job board for the first time ever.   The price was $98 after a 50% discount for a 30 day posting.   So far, I am not really impressed.  It was extremely basic in what it allowed you to do (like not html code).

However, the part that really pissed me off is; Once you pay to post your job listing, Linkedin displays a graphic/widget by payscale that shows a range of salaries a person should expect when applying for this job.  First off, the data is incorrect, as it uses some crappy technology to attempt to predict what the job actually is, and second, most importantly, it misleads the job seeking candidates that my position is offered within those ranges.

The only way to complain to linkedin that I found was the feedback link at the bottom of the page, that goes to a black hole.  I will update this article if I hear back from them.

-------
One day later, an UPDATE:

Linkedin responded to my email request within 36 hours.  They apologized for the salary widget but explained they are unable to remove it (my guess is that it generates ad revenue for them).  Anyhow, they refunded my money with no questions asked.  Although I still wish that the widget was not there at all, I must admit that every experience I have with Linkedin's customer support has been excellent.




For Search Engines:
Linkedin job board sucks
Do not use linkedin jobs as an employer

No comments: