Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ABS and TCS Off lights go on in 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Unfortunately I recently had the ABS light and the "TCS Off" light both illuminate on my dashboard on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Keywords: ABS Light turned on Grand Prix, TCS light turned on Grand Prix, ABS and TCS not working Grand Prix.

There are a few sketchy posts out there that recommend that you replace wheel speed sensors and hubs on the car, but unfortunately the problem for me was the ABS control module. After taking the car to two different mechanics, and dumping tons of money into it, I had to ultimately replace the ABS control module anyhow, which is a $1,300 job.

FYI, I had to pay the dealer $100 to diagnose the problem, and then $1300 for a new module. I tried a used ABS control module with another mechanic, and the used part had the same symptoms as my existing one. Apparently, this is pretty common and you almost always need to put a new ABS control module in.

Save yourself the aggrevation, and if these lights go on in your car go straight to the dealer, do not waste time at local mechanics.

No comments: