Even on a 1920x1080P 22" monitor, I was not able to work in photoshop because the side menus and UI took up the majority of the screeen. This article explains how you can fix the photoshop menus from being so big and in the way.
Within Photoshop CC itself play around with a couple of settings including going to:
- Change "UI Scaling" to 100%
- Change "UI Font Size" to Medium.
- Hit Okay
- Close and restart Photoshop CC
- Your menus should now be smaller and higher resolution in Photoshop CC
Below are the steps to set his environment variable in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10:
- Right click on "my computer" icon
- Click properties,
- Select Advanced System Settings or Advanced Tab (Based on your OS)
- Click on the "Environment Variables..." button.
- Click New... button on System Variables section, You can also set this in User Variables section, if you would like to keep the change limited to current logged in user.
- In the "New system variable" dialog, enter UI_SCALE_FACTOR in variable name field
- Enter 1 in the Variable value field
- Click OK